08 April 2007

The therapy begins...

London is a terrific city: vibrant, with diverse inhabitants, excellent culture, great restaurants and a real buzz on the streets. So - why is living here so stressful and why is it sometimes one of the most unpleasant places to live and work? The answer to this conundrum is an easy one: it's other Londoners. When going about your daily grind in the city, you're probably aware of this problem: while your own social behaviour is clearly exemplary (and, when it isn't, can be blamed on someone else) all of your fellow commuters/shoppers/diners/pedestrians behave like idiots. How can we cope with this? I often find myself in situations where other people cross my path in a way that leads to such levels of irritation (ranging from utterly irrational to supremely rational) that blood vessels start thumping at my temples. In order to avoid a premature death from pent up commuter-rage, I thought I'd start this blog as a form of therapy in order to air those annoyances that I encounter daily. Moreover, it's also a place where I hope to share some of the potential solutions that all of us could apply to the problems we encounter when trying to move around our crowded neighbourhoods.

So, the therapy begins here....

No comments: